Saturday, July 18, 2009

34 pounds of chocolately fun!

Today, Nate and I weighed Layla for the first time in a week or so and were NOT surprised to learn that she weighs 34 pounds. I can definitely tell the difference when I pick her up. I'm also starting to realize that being able to pick her up will not be an option much longer.

At least, not if we keep feeding her...

Layla's big girl teeth are also starting to develop and they're razor sharp. She "accidentally" bit my thumb while we were playing today and she took a chunk of skin with her. Nate and I are starting to look like battered parents.

Nate also noticed that her baby teeth are falling out. She has a little hole near the front of her mouth where a tooth used to be. It was cool to see, but it makes me wonder...

Where the heck is her tooth?

Did she eat it? Am I going to step on it on the floor? Do puppies have tooth fairies?

My money is on option number two.

Also, Layla is biting anything and everything to help cope with her teething. This includes our wall, pieces of furniture, shoes, socks, dryer sheets, my hair and a special love for flip-flops. Oh and anything that moves - including us.

It seems like when we take her to the park now she's more interested in pulling on our pant legs or biting our ankles than actually walking. No joke, the other day she grabbed by pants at just the right spot and nearly de-pantsed me in the middle of the park. Now I wear pants with drawstrings and try to keep her on a short leash. We'll see if this improves with some time.

Anyway, I just wanted to post a quick update to let you know Layla is doing well. She's even transitioned to her new dog food pretty well. Although, she also does try to eat litter off the ground so there really wasn't any reason to be concerned with her not liking the taste...

Cheers,
Jen and Nate

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jen! Hope all is well w/ you. Miss seeing your updates of Layla! =)

    ReplyDelete